Choosing your new home builder can be stressful, even complicated. Working with a proven partner through your build means putting trust into the company you choose to move your project from new construction to a finished home. When evaluating a new home builder, you have to understand the laws and regulations that govern the construction of your new home in order to properly vet your builder. To reduce costs over the life of the home, you will want to select a builder that is considerate of energy efficiencies. We’re that builder!
At Redstone Homes, we don’t just hit the minimum guidelines; we exceed them in many areas to bring you a home that is not only “up to code,” but that is built to last because we use the highest-rated energy-efficient materials. We’ve outlined the code below and then identified where we are exceeding the expectations for our clients, while delivering exceptional Redstone value.
Above and Beyond in Energy Efficiency – The Redstone Difference
Get out your new home building checklist – below are examples of energy efficiency and how Redstone uses industry-leading products:
- We use Kichler LED light fixtures with an expected life span of 40,000 hours (25+ years of average use). Household savings in a 10-year period with this style of fixture is estimated at $5,000! (LEDvs. Incandescent / 25+ recessed style fixtures). All LED fixtures we use have a 3000K Kelvin temperature rating, offering the warmth of a traditional incandescent bulb.
- We install low and/or moderate flow Delta plumbing fixtures that provide high efficiency via reduced water flow, saving water usage and water costs each month.
- Redstone installs a minimum of 95% efficiency Carrier furnaces with 13-16 SEER AC units as our base furnace, which exceeds Michigan Coderequirements. A higher SEER (seasonal electrical energy ratio) means more effective use of the electric power used to compress the gas in your home. 96% plus efficiency variable speed Carrier furnaces are also available as an upgrade in all of our homes.
- Programmable furnace thermostats are our standard. Carrier Wi-Fi enabled thermostat upgrades are also available. Does controlling your heat from your smartphone sound exciting? We can do that!
- DC powered bath fans and ventilation fans are standard for Redstone in all of our condos and single-family residences. DC powered bath fans draw significantly less energy and have dramatically increased efficiencies.
- We partner with Bradford White to install Power Vent water heaters, which are top performing energy-efficient units made locally in Middleville, Michigan.
- Redstone specs Sherwin Williams Duration Home Interior Acrylic Latex wall paint in all of our homes. To reduce ground-level ozone, the U.S. Clean Air Act regulates or limits man-made emissions of VOCs (volatile organic compounds). Sherwin Williams Duration paint meets the most stringent VOC regulations, repels stains, and cleans with mild soap and water, all while inhibiting the growth of mold and mildew on the paint’s surface.
- Redstone Homes uses many “Best Buy” rated products, as rated by a leading Consumers Magazine. The CertainTeed tried-and-true Landmark architectural laminate roofing shingle is a great example of this. Landmark is designed to replicate the appearance of cedar shake roofing. Landmark’s dual-layered architectural shingle from CertainTeed comes standard in all our residential condominiums and single-family homes.
Don’t Take Our Word For It
Please visit our testimonials page to read what our customers say about our quality craftsmanship. If you would like to explore how Redstone can exceed your partnership expectations and help you build memories, please contact us.